Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dream on

'Dream on' is a classic by Aerosmith written by its lead vocalist, Steven Tyler ! This music has inspired many people all over the world since it was released in 1973. The lyrics have such a strong meaning and followed by its melody it is a perfect combination of emotions that takes over you.

Steven wrote 'Dream on, dream on, dream until your dream come true' and that's what I do, guess that's why I love this song so much. It is one of those that makes me feel good when everyhting seems to be falling apart, one of those songs that spread words we need to hear to give us the strength to go on.

This song reminds me of one specific day: I was about 7 years old and was in the car with my auntie. This song came on the radio, I just loved it. So asked her who sang it and what was it about since my poor english at the time couldn't understand more the 'Dream on'. When she broke the song apart for me, I just thought how wise however wrote the song is, I just thought that's how I should be too. And it has influenced me ever since.

'Every time that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It went by, like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay

Yeah, I know nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life
Is in books' written pages
Lived and learned from fools and
From sages
You know it's true
All the things come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laugh, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away, yeah

Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laugh, sing for the tear
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Dream On Dream On Dream On
Dream until the dream come true
Dream On Dream On Dream On
Dream until your dream comes true
Dream On Dream On Dream On
Dream On Dream On
Dream On Dream
on'

4 comments:

  1. I love all kind of rock songs! But I've never heart of them, where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yue! Aerosmith is a great 80's rock band. They are from Boston and started getting famous by the end of the 70s. Check for their song 'I don't wanna miss a thing' , you may recognize. Also 'Walk this way' , it is a pretty famous one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Julyany this is a really good song Aerosmith is one of the biggest classics bands in America.. I also like the song crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miguel! It is, for sure! I like "Crazy" too and "Cryin' ".
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete